Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 3-Your first love

He’s my first and only. Jamie and I first met at the beginning of high school. We were set up on a date and by the end of it wound up not being able to stand one another. Despite the fact that we went to different schools, we knew a lot of the same people and always ran into one another. This continued into college where we started a routine of me giving him my number (with no intentions of answering his calls) and him taking it (with no intention of calling me). Our sophomore year I had given him my number again right before Christmas, and out of courtesy he called me to wish me a merry Christmas. Normally I wouldn’t have answered his call but I had just spent all day hanging out with relatives that were five times my age and was desperate to have a conversation with someone that didn’t need an oxygen tank break to finish a sentence. Go figure, as we started talking we realized we had a lot in common and decided to hang out some time. At first we met up with all of our friends… then that progressed to us hanging out alone after everyone left…then that led to just us going out…which eventually led to us realizing (months later) that despite our better efforts, we really liked each other and somehow were dating. Seven years (and many intriguing tales later) we are married, stubbornly in love and planning the rest of our lives together.

No comments: